In the first year students are provided with the fundamental concepts of International Management through core courses and seminars that all feature a highly interactive methodology and are largely based on individual work as well as teamwork.
In the second year students complete their study program by choosing a free track or apply for a study abroad experience. They also have to take part in a compulsory internship - in Italy or abroad - study foreign languages and discuss their thesis to demonstrate their research abilities.
at Bocconi (Milan)
- Corporate Strategy
- Marketing Decisions
- International Finance
- Foundations of Globalization
- Principles of Business Analytics
- Performance Measurement
- International Comparative Business Law
- Global Operations and Supply Chain Management (compulsory)
at Bocconi (Milan) and /or abroad
Study Abroad Programs
- Double Degrees with:
Cass School of Business, City University London (London, UK)
Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina (Columbia, US)
ESADE Escuela Superior de Administracion y Direccion de Empresas (Barcelona, Spain)
FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo da Fundação Getulio Vargas (São Paulo, Brazil)
HEC École des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (Paris, France)
HSG University of St. Gallen (St. Gallen, Switzerland)
IIMA Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad, India)
The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
- Exchange Programs
- Internship (compulsory)
Foreign languages (two languages)
CEMS MIM Program
In Bocconi the CEMS MIM program is offered during the second year of the MSc in International Management.
About the one-year CEMS MIM degree program:
- It is a global program (31 partner universities and around 80 corporate and social partner) of which Bocconi is one of the four founding members and the only Italian partner university
- It was jointly designed by universities and the corporate partners that shape the CEMS network.
- It is exclusively open to students studying at the prestigious member universities
- It provides a select group of high profile, internationally-minded and multilingual top students with the know-how and expertise needed to succeed in the new international business environment taking on senior international management roles
- Designed by both academic and business leaders, the CEMS MIM program connects university education and business expertise and is therefore able to offer keen insights into management best practice
- The MIM study plan includes not only innovative interdisciplinary courses but also seminars and real case studies in order to develop the necessary skills to work in international teams
- Students benefit from a lifelong connection with the CEMS community, both professionally - with access to job opportunities and employers - and also as part of a very active, supportive network around the world
- Over 12000 CEMS alumni with 85 different nationalities currently occupy positions at various management levels in a broad range of industry sectors across the world.
- At the conclusion of their studies, participants will be awarded both the Master in International Management degree issued by CEMS and the Italian MSc degree in International Management issued by Bocconi.
Students participating in the CEMS MIM program will have to pay an administrative fee on top of MSc tuition and fees.
China MIM Program
Organized jointly by Bocconi and Fudan University, this innovative double MSc degree offers an outstanding opportunity for graduate students. The first year is spent at the School of Management of Fudan University (Shanghai) with a focus on developing deep knowledge and skills in the key areas of business with a focus on the Chinese market. The second year is at Bocconi University, where students decide a specialization by selecting four courses within a wide range of electives, integrating study abroad opportunities and at least one international internship.
The program offers the following benefits:
- It responds to a rising demand for talented people who understand how to do business in both the East and the West
- It provide students with a strong knowledge and understanding of Europe and China from both a business management and a cultural perspective
- Students gain essential knowledge of the market and business skills that can be transferred directly to companies operating in the two markets or interested in internationalizing and creating professionals able to fill such a gap in the marketplace
- Graduates obtain two graduate degrees through studying at two prestigious universities in China and in Europe.
- the program targets third-year Bachelor students who will graduate:
- by June 2019 if coming from international universities
- by July 2019 if graduating at Bocconi and Italian universities
- Admission to the program will take place at the same time as admission to the MSc program.
Students holding a Chinese passport cannot apply for this Double Degree program.
- Students participating in the China MIM Program will have to pay an administrative contribution due to personalized services and assistance
- Students participating in the China MIM Program should arrive in Shanghai for the start of the program in the second half of August.
The agreement on this double degree was made public on 4 July 2005 in Beijing by Zhou Ji, Chinese Minister of Education and Letizia Moratti, Italian Minister of Education, University and Research, who issued a joint statement on educational cooperation.
In the agreement, the two countries decided to develop a collaborative project in higher learning. The universities involved are Fudan University from China and Bocconi University and LUISS Guido Carli from Italy. Students and faculty from LUISS will be involved during the students' first year, when they are at Fudan.