Importe original en GBP:
Envío de materiales de aprendizaje
Servicio de consultas
Become a professional horticulturist with this Horticulture course offered by Emagister. The course gives you the opportunity to relate and learn from highly successful, qualified and experienced professionals.
At ICI, we present a complete horticulture course with which you will learn the skills necessary to succeed in this sector.
You can make progress in your career in this growing industry! If you love working outdoors, you can increase your skills in gardening, administration, planning, design, science and techniques.
Horticulture offers great career opportunities. The most common areas of horticulture include:
Arboriculture: the care and maintenance of trees in the city.
Design: designers work to design and develop gardens that are pleasing to the eye and practical.
Gardens and landscape: The business is growing for those in the landscaping sector. It is an excellent opportunity to work independently or seek employment in an established gardening company.
Nurseries: Nurseries range from cultivation, where new plants are grown with special care to retail, where plant sales are made to the public.
Sports turf management: the production and maintenance of special pastures that are needed for sports facilities such as golf courses, cricket fields and football stadiums.
Horticulture experts have great career prospects in many areas of the horticulture industry.
Advance your horticultural career by enrolling in the ICI horticulture course now. Ask for more information on the Emagister website so we can get in touch with you.
¿Esta formación es para mi?: Anyone with a dream and desire to succeed in horticulture.
Sedes y fechas disponibles
- Agricultural Science
- Crop Science
- Plant Science
- Agriculture Farming
- Agriculture Management
- Environmental Science
- Agricultural cultivation
- Life cycles
- Taxonomic hierarchy
1 The Plant Kingdom
- The classification and taxonomic hierarchy of seed-bearing plants
- The use of botanical keys to identify plants
- Stages of plant growth and life cycles
- The structure and function of plant cells and tissues
- The processes of meiosis and mitosis
- The differences in the external and internal structure of monocotyledons and dicotyledons.
- The identification and function of the external vegetative parts of higher plants: roots, leaves, stems and buds
- The identification and function of flowers
- The identification and function of fruits and seed
- The importance of photosynthesis and respiration
- Transpiration and translocation of water throughout the plant
- Pollination and fertilisation
- Seed formation and germination
- Growth regulation
2 Plant Propagation
- How to differentiate between plants produced by seed and plants produced by vegetative propagation methods
- Seed propagation
- Cutting propagation
- Propagation aftercare
- Propagation tools
- Propagating plants in a greenhouse
3 Outdoor Food Production
- Growing outdoor food crops
- Timing crops
- Making gardens more productive
- Sustainable land management
- Companion planting
- Vegetable crowing
- Fruit crops
- Pests and diseases of crops
- Crop harvesting
4 Garden Planning
- Collecting pre-planning information
- Preparing landscape plans
- The principles, elements and procedures of landscape design
- Creating landscape effects
- Using hard and soft landscaping materials.
5 The Root Environment and Plant Nutrition
- The physical properties of soil
- Techniques for improving soil
- The importance of organic matter in the soil
- Soil water
- Watering systems
- Drainage systems
- Soil pH
- Carbon and nitrogen cycles
- Soil nutrients and their effect on plant growth
- Properties of growing media
6 Protected Cultivation
- Protected cultivation
- Greenhouse types and shade houses
- Environmental controls in protected environments
- Irrigation and nutrition control
- Containers and growing media in protected environments
- Care and display of indoor plants
- Production of selected crops in protected cultivation (tomato, lettuce, begonia, rose).
7 Horticulture Plant Selection, Establishment and Maintenance
- The selection of plants for different purposes
- Guidelines for selecting plants
- Environmental factors affecting plant selection
- Selecting particular plants (which ones to buy)
- Planting techniques
- Selection, establishment and maintenance of turf, annuals, herbaceous plants, shrubs, trees, hedging plants and climbing plants
- Pruning in the home garden
8 Horticultural Plant Health Problems
- Plant problems and their identification
- Environmental problems
- Chemicals and their use
- Non-chemical controls
- Weed problems and their identification control
Importe original en GBP: